Thursday, October 4, 2012

Song of the Day: Loreena McKennitt - Marakkesh Night Market

I am very fond of Celtic music, and Loreena McKennitt is probably the main reason for this. When I was in junior high school, my father gave me one of her albums to listen to, The Book of Secrets. I fell in love with her music, and it is a love that continues to this day. Traditional and innovative, McKennitt's music captures the ear and draws the listener into a world far away, filled with dreams and fragments of histories that long passed by.

For today's song of the day, I thought Marakkesh Night Market would be a lovely choice. This song paints a vivid image of traveling through a market in the Middle East during the Middle Ages. I find it very relaxing and soothing music... and after several days of metal, I think we could use some relaxation!


No comments:

Post a Comment