Monday, July 16, 2012

RIP Jon Lord Song of the Day - Child in Time - Deep Purple

So, as we all know, I'm a big fan of classic rock. Imagine my joy today, when I signed onto Twitter and saw Deep Purple trending.... well, until I actually clicked on it and found out Jon Lord died. Jon Lord had been a co-founder of Deep Purple, and a legendary keyboardist. His playing gave the band's music its unique quality - I understand, when Deep Purple debuted, it wasn't so common to integrate keyboards as part of a band's sound. 

Thus, today's song of the day is a Deep Purple song. Let's take a moment to pay our respects to Jon Lord. And then, let's enjoy some fucking music, man.

Keep an eye out for our interview with another rising star of British music later today - we'll be interviewing Koboloris of Leeds, and there WILL be free mp3s.


No comments:

Post a Comment